BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac which plays nicely with iCloud Safari syncing, Firefox Sync, Sign In to Chrome, and Opera Sync. (Ours are the only non-Apple apps which can modify Safari bookmarks without corrupting iCloud data.) It can be used in one of three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud Safari syncing, Firefox Sync, Google Chrome's Sign In. Bookmarks added to these apps on your Mac will show up in these apps on iOS or Andriod devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, iCab, Roccat, Pinboard, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with tags, hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects, duplicates, can upgrade insecure bookmarks and remove URL cruft.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple user profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- Now supports the Brave web browser as a full-fledged Client.
- Fixed a bug which allowed soft items to be moved to positions in between the immoveable hard folders. This could cause cause errors, warnings or churn during subsequent sync operations with browsers.
- The Sort where property of a hard folders is now properly indicated as not applicable in the Inspector, and it is no longer possible to change this to one of the other (invalid) values.
- Loading Safari bookmarks for import and export is now (even) more robust and reliable .
- Fixed a situation wherein a newly-created Collection might not be saved in recent versions of macOS.
- OS X 10.10 or later